*Please Note: It is the Financial Aid applicant’s responsibility to follow up with FAST to insure that the application is complete and all required documents are submitted. MCS will not be able to review Financial Aid Applications until the completed applications are first reviewed by FAST. Applicants may check the status of their application on-line with FAST or by calling their customer service number at: 1-877-326-3278.
1. A formal application through FAST must be submitted annually by each individual or family seeking financial aid. There is a processing fee of $43.00.
2. A statement outlining your need, how your student will benefit and/or add to the mission statement of MCS will be requested as part of the FAST application.
3. Financial aid applications for the 2017-2018 school year should be submitted by March 17, 2017; this includes submitting all your 2016 tax forms for verification. Decisions cannot be made until your 2016 taxes are complete and filed with the IRS. Applications received after March 17, 2017 will be considered if funds are still available. Late submissions will be reviewed after May 5.
4. Responses to completed applications submitted by March 17, 2017 will be made on approximately April 28, 2017. Applicants who receive awards will have two weeks to accept the award. Awards not accepted within two weeks may be withdrawn at the sole discretion of MCS.
5. New students are required to have applied and been accepted before a family's financial aid application can be reviewed.
6. The MCS registration fee is not required prior to submitting the financial aid application; however, it is recommended to secure a class spot. Applicants who elect not to submit the registration fee with their aid application cannot be guaranteed a class seat and are subject to placement in wait pool.
7. Maranatha Christian Schools may request additional information to help in the Financial Aid process. Please allow a minimum of two weeks for processing applications.
8. Applications will be evaluated and recommendations for approval will be made by the MCS Financial Aid Committee (FAST does not make award decisions).All applicants will be notified by MCS regarding award amounts.
9. Financial aid applications will be considered only if tuition accounts are paid current, in good standing and do not have a history of delinquent payments.
10. Financial aid is issued to families on a need basis, is limited to tuition fees, and provides for partial financial aid per student (there are no “full” aid awards available). Financial Aid awards are to remain confidential between MCS and the applicant.
11. Maranatha Christian Schools needs analysis formula assumes all eligible wage earners will contribute to household income. Special circumstances will be considered (i.e. medical conditions, children under school age). In addition, the needs analysis follows a regional standard for household expenses, and asset value in determining need.
12. MCS reserves the right to withdraw financial aid if the recipient’s account is not paid on a current basis or if student is placed on probation for academic or behavior reasons.
13. Recipients of financial aid agree to inform the Accounting Department immediately in writing of any change in financial status that might affect their qualifications for the assistance.
14. Financial aid awarded may be reduced or withdrawn if a student withdraws. When awarded for more than one family member, withdrawal of one or more students reduces the amount allocated to the family accordingly.
15. Maranatha Christian Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality or ethnic origin in administering its financial aid program.
16. If you have any questions about any portion of the process, contact the Superintendent at (858) 759-9737
To apply click here...