WE'RE GLAD YOU'RE HERE
Distinctly Academic. Undeniably Christian. We offer extraordinary opportunities for achievement in academics, athletics, and the arts, as well as personal and spiritual growth. At Maranatha, we are committed to academic excellence and providing a Christ-centered education. Students are encouraged to pursue personal interests and develop their own unique leadership abilities through extra-curricular opportunities, missions work, community service, and chapel programs. The uniqueness of the individual is respected as we partner with each family to develop well-rounded students and encourage each child to develop their God-given gifts and talents to their fullest. Click for information regarding Preschool and International Admissions. Call us at any time during school hours at 858.759.9737.
COME VISIT US
Visiting our campus is the best way to experience the learning environment of MCS. We want you to catch a glimpse of our students, faculty, and staff in action. On your visit, we hope you see not only our state-of-the-art facilities but more importantly, we want you to experience the community that makes Maranatha Christian Schools so outstanding. You may visit the MCS campus in the following ways:
MCS welcomes prospective families to tour our campus at 9:00 am every Tuesday, October through May, by appointment only. Visiting our campus is the best way to experience the outstanding learning environment and community of MCS. We want you to catch a glimpse of our students, faculty and staff in action!
TK-12 campus is located at 9050 Maranatha Drive, San Diego, 92127
*Preschool Campus Tours - Virtual Tours upon request. Please contact the Preschool at 858.613.7803. The Preschool campus is located at 10752 Coastwood Road, San Diego, 92127
STUDENT SHADOW OPPORTUNITIES: "Eagle Experience Days"
We welcome prospective students in Grades 6-12 to get a first-hand look at MCS. Prospective students are invited to experience 'A Day in the Life of MCS' where they will be greeted by ASB, attend chapel, visit classrooms and meet students and staff.
- Wednesday, November 30th, 2022
- Wednesday, February 8th, 2023
"Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?" -Amos 3:3
- We believe the Scriptures mandate that the primary responsibility of each student's education rests with the parents, and we view the school's role as one of partnership with the parents in this endeavor. In order to establish and maintain a successful partnership, it is essential that parents be in support of the philosophies and intentions of the school. Therefore, parents and students must sign the Parent & Student Commitment Form which indicates their full understanding and compliance with the school's philosophy of education, mission statement, statement of faith, spiritual goals, policies, practices, and objectives of Maranatha Christian Schools.
"For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul." -Proverbs 2:10
- Secondary applicants (Grades 6-12) must have achieved a cumulative and current GPA on 2.5 or above for the most recent academic year. Students with a 2.0 to a 2.49 GPA with no fails may be accepted on a contingency basis, which will require Academic Probation for the first semester of enrollment, and the student must achieve a 2.5 GPA with no D's or Fails in that semester. Acamedic progress will be monitored by the Academic Advisor at set intervals during the semester.
- Secondary applicants (Grades 6-12) entrance exam scores will factor into the acceptance evaluation process and Elementary applicants will complete a grade level assessment. MCS utilizes various test instruments to assist with determining an applicant's academic readiness.
- Elementary applicants (Grades K-5) will submit report cards showing grade level or above performance across all subjects.
- Teacher evaluations and report cards must show that the student is an independent learner with the ability to be successful in traditional classroom environments, which often employ emerging technologies in the instructional process.
- Students must be able to perform successfully in the classroom without accommodation.
- MCS reserves the right to determine acceptance and final grade placement once the admission process is complete, regardless of grade indicated on the application.
- MCS will not accept applications for incoming seniors in the second semester.
"So that you will walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, to please Him in all respects, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God” -Colossians 1:10
- Students and parents must be in good standing with previous/current school.
- Teacher evaluations and report card behavioral marks must be favorable.
- Students and parents must not have exhibited behavior (personal and professional) that was/is disruptive to the previous/current school or community.
- Students with prior drug, alcohol, other similar issues, serious behavior issues, or criminal arrest or convictions related to or outside of any school must have successfully completed (including being 100% drug and alcohol free) a full semester in a regular/traditional school program prior to being admitted to MCS. Specifically, this means that MCS will not accept students directly from residential treatment programs or expulsion from other schools.
"Owe nothing to anyone – except for your obligation to love one another." -Romans 13:8
- Families who previously withdrew from MCS and did not fulfill their tuition contract must clear all financial obligations before an admissions application will be accepted.
- All financial obligations to MCS must be kept current.
- If the student is transferring from another private school, a note on school letterhead may be required stating that financial obligations have been cleared.